Monday, July 12, 2010

After the Wedding....

My oldest niece got married over the weekend. The wedding was beautiful and so was the bride. I love you Sharon Hannah .. may God kept you and your new husband and bless you.

This was my family's first wedding in a long time and the first one Reese got to see. And you know, I really believe Reese would have enjoyed it. Really she would have if it havent been right at nap time, she hadnt had to dress up, it hadnt been in a different church with a bunch of people she didnt know and if the reception had of course been first.( Cake you know cures all your ails ).

Oh my child.....my child was all over the place. Two year olds and especially tired sleepy two year olds shouldnt be expected to sit still in church and be super calm and quiet.... Oh well, thankfully it wasnt a long ceremony. And thankfully I got to sit up front and see some of the wedding. Even better for me, because I was so close to the front, I didnt have to see anyone behind me or their reactions to what Reese was doing.

But hey maybe no-one noticed. It's possible no-one saw my shoe-less daughter wiggling on the third pew. The section of pews right in line with the unity candle ceremony. And maybe no-one saw the sock foot that kept shooting up in the air or the little hand that kept trying to touch the hair-do on the lady in front of us.

In the end, my niece got married and the lady in front of us kept her hair. What more could I hope for? Doesnt Reese look innocent?

Renee, Reese, & Rhonda ( my sweet sister and mother of the bride )

2 comments:

Hunan Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hunan Mommy said...

There is never a dull moment with a toddler in the pew:-) Thank you so much for the card. What a great surprise we got in the mail today! You are such great people, thinking of all of you so much this week. It was over 100 degree heat index yesterday. It seemed appropriate that it was that hot the same week we were in Changsha a year ago!

Post a Comment

 
© Blessed beyond measure....

Blog Design by CoffeeShop Designs