Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We Have A Daughter!!!!!!!










Today is adoption day. We signed bunches of papers but Reese is finally our daughter. Praise God. Today was rough. Reese's nannies were back at the office and she cried about 3 hours for them. It was pretty sad. It looks like she was well cared for and loved. This has been a tough couple of days. The food is scary to say the least. I didnt know C food could be so many different colors & sizes. Mark said he knew we were in for a treat when we entered the hotel and a little girl had a bag of chicken's feet to snack on. Luckly I missed that one. I never realized how good pinto beans and cornbread could be. I believe that is going to be my first home cooked meal. And hey we think Ga in the summer time is hot, we havent got anything on Hunan. Yesterday when we arrived it was about 40c and someone in the van said that was around 110. I dont know if that is so but I would believe it.The van we are traveling in this week doesnt have an air conditioner worth a flip. It barely works.
We have been frustrated that we havent been able to use our phone or get on the internet much but maybe that will change soon.
Please keep praying for us all. We need it. I am sending a couple of pictures of the sites and some of Reese. We havent taken too many of her yet. She's been so upset and doesnt like the flash. Maybe tomorrow will be better. She sure is a cutie pie.
Love you all Mark, Renee, & Reese

5 comments:

Joy said...

HI Reese.....You are beautiful. I am so happy and excited for you and your forever family. I can not wait to play with you when you get home. I just know you will like it here in Georgia and we will be great friends.

Your New Friend, Bella Kate Owens...
P.S. My Mommy & Daddy are Joy and Bryan Owens Ctown GA

KSue said...

I am so excited!!! and your first family photo is fantastic! I have been saying prayers for a successful adoption, and now I can change that to successful transition and trip home, YAY! Hold on G-man, you have a prom date flying in soon :)

Moni said...

AWWW! You guys have got to be soooo thrilled. Take it one day at a time. The rough moments will be just that but as the days go on things will get better and you will be making so many beautiful memories and have a million more to come. Mark and Renee...please stay away from chicken feet snacks and dont eat any crazy poisonous fish. It aint like Georgia's catfish i can promise you that! ;) hugs and good vibes! we cant wait to meet her!!!!!
-monika wesolowski

Bill and Midge said...

Found your blog through another family's blog. We just adopted a little girl about 7 months ago from China. Just wanted you to know people you don't even know are praying for you, that your little girl will adjust quickly and soon know she is finally "home". Even though it's not easy now, that grieving is normal and means she was loved. In the long run, that's a good thing. But I know it's not easy when you are going through it so we will keep your family in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I am SO happy for you guys! Karen had told me you guys were going through the (crazy long and tedious but totally WORTH IT) adoption process a while back and I'm so happy that you're finally home with your daughter!

Mucho love.
JJ Walker

Post a Comment

 
© Blessed beyond measure....

Blog Design by CoffeeShop Designs